Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

We are having Christmas Dinner in Collinsville at my sister Becky's house this year.  We had Thanksgiving there and had so much fun.  It is the first year in almost 10 years that we have been able to get all of us together.  What a blessing.
 
I am cooking the roast beast (brisket) as I type and used the new spice rub recipe Becky put on the turkey at Thanksgiving.  Can't wait to try it.  Some of the juice over flowed the pan into the hot oven floor and set of the smoke detectors, LOL... but we are pretending it is Christmas bells and going right on with our work.
I just finished making Grandma Hazel's famous red cabbage salad and have it in the oven.  I will be making Othello rice crispy treats for the children and then some chocolate walnut fudge.  Tomorrow I will make my special mashed potatoes with brisket gravy and bacon wrapped little smokies with brown sugar.  
Mama is bringing the turkey breast and her special brunschweiger dressing and has made the Italian Coconut Creme Cake (triple layer).  Becky will make her delicious rolls and dessert and a cheese ball, Johna is bringing her yummy corn casserole and a dessert, Jen is doing the 5-cup salad and a dessert, Tami will bring the green bean casserole and a dessert and Mandi is bringing a couple of desserts.  I think we are going to have plenty to eat.
Loren and I also started painting my study today.  It is a rich deep plum and white.  He is working right now on trimming out the window and doors.  Once that is done we will work on the floor.  Then move all my bibles and books in there.  I am so excited to have a special room to study and pray and hang out with God.  I can just go in there and shut the door and soak up the presence of the Most Holy.  
Well better get back to it.  Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment